Why do we have Funerals
For thousands of years, funerals have been a means of expressing our beliefs, thoughts, and feelings about the death of someone we love.
The Funeral Ceremony
- Helps us acknowledge that someone we love has died.
- Allows us to say goodbye.
- Provides a social support system for us and other friends and family members.
- Allows us to search for the meaning of life and death.
- Offers continuity and hope for the living.
Meaningful funeral ceremonies are rites of passage. They help us move from life before death to life after death. The funeral provides a safe place to express our feelings of loss. TO LIVE IN HEARTS WE LEAVE BEHIND IS NOT TO DIE!